Top 5 plays this fall for less
Summer’s end does not mean the end of theater. In fact, it rings in the fall with a fresh season of shows!
Here are MY top 5 for shows to see on the cheap:
1) The Book of Mormon: It’s been the talk of the town and if you’re looking for something smart, crude and funny, you’ll enjoy it. I’m hoping to!
Lottery Rush: $32 - Entries at the box office 2.5 hours prior to a performance. 2 hours before curtain, names will be drawn. Winners must be present with valid ID. Cash or credit card. Subject to availability.
2) How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying: I’ve only heard great things, especially about Daniel Radcliffe. Turns out he’s only there til January - so I need to see it soon! Join me?
General Rush: $30 – Tickets available day-of when box office opens. Limit 2 per customer. Subject to availability.
3) War Horse: I’m hoping to see this on the stage before the movie comes out…
Student Rush: $30 – 2 hours before a performance at the box office. Limited to one ticket per person with a valid college/university ID. Subject to availability
4) Wicked: This one’s been on my “must see” list for too long. I never imagined I could afford it on my student budget but where there’s a will, there’s a way!
Lottery Rush: $26.50- Entries 2.5 hours prior to each performance for 25 front row seats available via a lottery drawing 2 hours before curtain. Limit one entry per person, and two tickets per winner. Winners must be present at drawing with valid ID. Cash only.
5) The Submission: A drama about an alcoholic black mother and her son, sort of. Well, you see, she doesn’t exist. If that doesn’t sell you, it’s starring Jonathan Groff.
Student Rush: $20 – Available to students, 20 minutes prior to curtain. One ticket per valid ID. Cash only. Subject to availability.
I think I’ll hop in line for one tonight, at random, a lottery of my own if you will. Hope to see some of you readers there!